CAT FENCE COMPARISON - Why choose Kittyfence?
We offer the strongest and most effective cat fence system in the world.
- Our cat fence kits use the strongest cat fencing mesh on the market,
with different sizes and strengths custom tailored to your needs. We use
stronger, round tubular steel posts with deeper 30" ground sleeves for
stability and snow/ice load concerns. 2 1/2" corner posts are available with
matching no-climb post extenders. Complete tension kits are also available
using 12ga braided steel reinforcement cable and 8ga stretch monofilament
cable. There is no comparison.
- Although very strong, our cat fences compare nearly invisible from a
distance- in fact, much less visible than other cat fence designs. We use
solid steel no-climb post extenders which allow for strength with a low
profile compared to tubular steel designs. Backyard areas can be enclosed
without disrupting your landscape or creating a prison look.
- We are the largest cat fence installation company and have been installing cat fence systems longer than anyone.
These are the same materials we professionally install for our customers. We
stock and ship these same materials to you so you can build an escape proof
area for your cats yourself.
- Professional installation service is available! Most customers install
these fences themselves, but if you need installation we have a network of nationwide installers.
- Our product is made in the USA. These kits are our design and we
manufacture and ship them directly to our customers, wholesale manufacturer
- We offer complete retrofit solutions including kits for existing fences like wood or chain link.
No-climb tree guards are available. We also have extensions to raise up the
height of your existing fence.
- We offer custom site-specific designed kits based on your project. This includes custom strengths and applications.
Some customers may not need no-climb hardware on their posts, we have kits
without them. We also stock and ship the only cat fences with climb
protection IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. This means that along with creating escape
proof areas for your cats, other climbing animals and cats are also unable
to climb inside. This is really useful for cat rescue groups, cat shelters
and other organizations with feral cat colonies.
- Our cat fences are also engineered to exclude deer and other wildlife including predators like coyotes and neighborhood dogs.
As an added bonus, by excluding wildlife you also keep out the ticks and the
diseases they carry: cat fence tick control
- Our fences can be made permanent using galvanized locking sleeve spikes
or made temporary or removable. You can take your fence down completely,
change it's location or add on to it.
- Complete cat fence enclosures with four sides and a top are available.
These are permanent heavy duty structures designed to protect your cats from
- We are cat people committed to helping cats live longer, happier lives. Cats love to be outdoors, let them safely run free! Please compare then give us a call with questions, we're happy to help with your project.
Cat fence products can also be purchased from our company website, Critterfence.com
COMPARE CAT FENCING
Poly Cat Fencing:
We stock and ship only round strand poly fence mesh with an opening size of
2" or smaller. This poly cat fencing is difficult for cats and other animals to
climb. Our fencing is available in 700 pound breaking strength, 800 pound
breaking strength and 1100 pound breaking strength and is corrosion proof. Our
round strand poly cat fencing is different than most other types of fencing on
the market, such as flat strand, by comparison. Here's some important characteristics to compare:
- Round strand cat fencing is more difficult to tear than flat strand
fencing. The filament strength is in a complete circle as opposed to a flat
- It weathers better over time and holds up better to wind. There's less
surface area to fray and the surface area is round.
- It has a higher breaking strength per square foot
- Lasts longer in sunlight with up to 25 years of useful life
- Has less stretch and the material isn't as soft
- Our fencing also has one finished edge without sharp burrs that can cut
- Our round strand cat fencing is also less visible than comparable flat
strand cat fencing material
Metal Cat Fencing:
Our metal cat fencing mesh is engineered to exclude or contain all types of
animals without getting them caught in the fence. We use 2" or smaller fencing
for that reason. Small opening size wire fencing is also harder to chew because
animals have a tough time getting leverage with their jaws in a smaller area.
Also, the smaller the opening size, the more types of animals you're able to
keep out or in. For example, a 1" opening size mesh is used for most animals and
a 1/2" opening size will keep just about everything out including snakes. In
some areas of the country, some customers have real problems with rattlesnakes
and other snakes.
Cat Fences: How are they different from a regular fence in comparison?
Here's a few ways:
- Most of these cat fence kits include extra fencing that overlaps onto
the ground and is staked to the ground. This prevents cats and other animals
from digging under a fence. It also covers any changes in elevation that a
fence travels over.
- This fencing has some flex to it. It makes it more difficult to climb.
Usually the more flexible poly fence mesh is installed on top of a fence
with metal fencing at the very bottom. Metal fencing is rigid and not
usually used entirely as cat fencing.
- Cat fences typically have no-climb hardware attached to posts. This
means that when cats climb a fence, there is an overhead canopy above that
they can't climb around to escape out.
- By design, cat fences are nearly invisible. The less likely animals are
able to judge the top of the fence the less likely they are able to jump in
- Cat fences can be removable or permanent and most of our posts don't
require the use of any cement.
Additional cat fence information can be found here: Cat Fence